With the advancement of computer systems and more than that the network of computer systems, security of these networks and systems have become far more important. The ease at which people access information sitting anywhere around the world, securing this information from unauthorized access has become a problem of prime concern. Cyber attacks on vulnerable IT infrastructure have increased in recent times which has led to an increase in the demand for Cyber Security experts.
Cyber Security is the field of computer science which deals with the following 5 main scenarios
3. Identity Management
4. Key exchange & Management
5. Trust and Reputation
To be more formal
Cyber Security deals with protection of network connected computer systems. This protection is mostly related to information or data.
Components of Cyber Security
The major components of Cyber Security are as follows
1. Application Security
2. Information Security
3. Network Security
4. Disaster Recovery
5. Operational Security
Most common types of threats relevant to Cyber Security
* Ransomware is a type of malware that involves an attacker locking the victim’s computer system files — typically through encryption — and demanding a payment to decrypt and unlock them.
* Malware is any file or program used to harm a computer user, such as worms, computer viruses, Trojan horses and spyware.
* Social Engineering is an attack that relies on human interaction to trick users into breaking security procedures in order to gain sensitive information that is typically protected.
* Phishing is a form of fraud where fraudulent emails are sent that resemble emails from reputable sources; however, the intention of these emails is to steal sensitive data, such as credit card or login information.
With the exponential increase in the number of internet users across the world, cyber threats have also increased exponentially. More number of cyber experts are required and hired by companies to protect them against these attacks. Even students are being hired at a fresher level right from college. Almost every company in the world has a cybersecurity team.
This course has been designed for undergraduate engineering graduates and faculty to understand various aspects of cybersecurity and enable them to grad opportunities in this area
Course Highlights for Our Cyber Security Program are
- Emails – Exploitation and Security
- Operating System Hacking and Security
- Malware – Trojans, Viruses, and Worms
- Attacks related to Networks and Security
- Web Server attacks and Security
- Mobile Hacking